Mrs. Pilar Tucker made this recipe for her entire church to enjoy after an awesome musical production performed by her husband, Tommy Tucker of Tropical Sands Christian Church in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. This dish was SOOOooo delicious! She combined two recipes; one from Best Recipe Box and one from Pinterest. Here is the result.
Chili Cheese Crescent Hot Dog Bake
Hotdog Crescent Ingredients
8 hot dogs
8 slices of American cheese or ¾ cup shredded cheese
1 can refrigerated crescent dough sheet
1 Slow Cooker Aloha Chili Recipe (see below)
About 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
Fresh parsley for garnish
Slow Cooker Aloha Chili Ingredients
1 ¼ lbs ground beef, cooked (measured, then cooked)
1 ½ cup carrots
2 15.5 oz. cans kidney beans
1 ½ cup pineapple
1 28 oz. can tomatoes
1 black pepper, freshly ground
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 red pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup Water
- Place Slow Cooker Aloha Chili ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread the chili across the bottom of a 9” x 13” pan. Rinse hot dogs and pat dry.
- Open the can of crescent dough and roll out dough. Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll 1 slice of cheese around 1 hot dog. Roll 1 square of crescent dough around the cheese/hot dog. Repeat for all 8 hot dogs. Gently press the seams of the crescent dough down.
- Melt butter and then add minced garlic. Place hot dogs in pan. Brush top of dough with the garlic butter. Save remaining garlic butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking un-covered for about 15 minutes or until tops of dough are golden brown.
- Brush remaining garlic butter on top of dough and top with parsley.
The original recipe from Best Recipe Box calls for canned chili (2 15.5 ounce cans), so if you need a shortcut, that works.
By Pilar Tucker
Adapted from Best Recipe Box and Pinterest
Recipe can also be seen on www.couldihavethatrecipe.com